What are the reasons for the heating of power cables?
When a power cable passes a certain load current, it will heat up. As the load current increases, the cable surface temperature will be higher. If not treated in time, the consequences can be imagined. For example, PVC (PVC) cable, whose core temperature is 70 degrees, will reduce its surface temperature by 5~10 degrees. Therefore, the surface temperature of the cable is basically safe below 60 degrees. Taking into account power maintenance, the lower the temperature, the better. Next, let's take a look at the reasons why the power cable heats up during operation.
1. The conductor resistance of the power cable does not meet the requirements, causing the cable to heat up during operation.
2. Improper selection of power cables, resulting in too small conductor cross-section of the cables used, resulting in overload operation. After long-term use, the heat and heat dissipation of the cables are unbalanced, resulting in heat generation.
3. The installation of power cables, the arrangement is too dense, the ventilation and heat dissipation effects are not good, or the cables are too close to other heat sources, which will affect the normal heat dissipation of the cables, and will also cause the cables to heat up during operation.
4. The manufacturing process of the connector is not good, and the crimping is not tight, which leads to excessive contact resistance at the connector and also causes the power cable to heat up.
5. The cable insulation is poor, resulting in low insulation resistance and heat generation during operation.
The local sheath of the power cable is damaged, and the insulation performance is slowly destroyed after entering the water, which gradually reduces the insulation resistance and causes heat during operation.
After the power supply cable is heated, if the cause is not found and the fault is eliminated in time, the continuous continuous operation of the cable will cause thermal breakdown of the insulation. Cause the cable to trip due to short-circuit between phases, which may cause a fire in severe cases. So be sure to pay attention.